Wednesday 30 April 2014

A few beauty bits..

Hi guys hope you have been enjoying the sun (if you're in the UK). I have been trying to be out in it as much as possible and spent the weekend at a farm watching the lambs and piglets being born, then went for a 7k run which definitely blew away the cobwebs! Today I popped into my town to do a few jobs and ended up picking up a few things that I shouldn't have, as usual! I had seen a pair of flip flops in New Look a few weeks ago and really wanted them but thought I would wait and see if they got more stock in as I'm really picky with shoes. When I went in today, I saw the same pair and still loved them more than the others so I ended up buying them. They were £24.99 but I will wear them to death as I needed to throw out my 2 year old pair of flip flops that had definitely seen better days. The old ones are similar to these ones but when I sit them side by side, I can see how worn and old they now look compared to the brightly coloured new ones. 

I popped into a shop called Savers which is a cheaper version of Boots or Lloyd's Pharmacy. Here I picked up a new Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent- I have this in my personal and professional makeup kit. I find it makes my makeup stay put longer and is easy to use for touch ups through the day without adding any colour or dislodging the makeup. 

I needed a new mascara so thought I may as well buy a Rimmel one while I was there. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to mascaras, having had eyelash extensions on for years and so I get easily overwhelmed with all the different ones. I settled on the Scandaleyes Retro Glam in extreme black on the recommendation of my sister so I will be interested to see how good it is when I put my makeup on tomorrow morning. 

The most exciting purchase I made was the Schwarzkopf got2be Volumising Styling Powder which I had been wanting to try since seeing Pixiwoo use this or a similar one in one of their YouTube videos. It's a little pot with holes in the top, a bit like a salt shaker. You can either dust this at the roots of your hair and rub in to create volume or shake some into your hands and dust through. I'm really looking forward to trying this for my next evening out! 

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think? 

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment