Sunday 18 May 2014

New makeup bag and a few beauty items

The weather here at the moment is very sunny and warm (by England's standards) so I've been trying to make the most of it by walking as much as possible. I have mentioned before that I am fortunate enough to live within walking distance of the shops in my town, which can be deadly if you're a shopaholic like me! I needed a new bronzer so I took a trip to my local Boots and picked up my usual one- Bourjois Bronzing Powder in shade 52. This is the one that opens like a book to reveal what looks like a bar of chocolate. I really like this bronzer as it isn't very shimmery, although it does contain some flecks of glitter but these aren't visible on my skin. The packaging is also very appealing for me as I'm forever dropping and cracking my makeup but this is impossible (so far) to damage as it's enveloped completely in rigid cardboard with a magnetic lid that stays shut very well. 


Also on my list was a new body scrub as I had nearly finished my old one. I go through scrubs and body products fairly quickly as I constantly wear fake tan so I'm either trying to scrub it off or prolong it with body moisturiser! I usually get the Soap And Glory Scrub Of Your Life, which I was intending on getting until I saw this Sugar Crush Body Scrub. My sister bought me the body cream version for Christmas and I really like the scent. It's very sweet smelling but also refreshing due to the lime in it, so only buy this if you really like quite strong fragrances. I also have the shower cream of this too, yes I'm obsessed, which I mix with the body scrub so make it a thinner consistency otherwise it drags a bit on my skin. 

I had been meaning to get a new makeup bag for a while as mine was stained inside and out with foundation and various things that had leaked. I had tried washing it a few times but the stains wouldn't budge so I resigned myself to the fact I needed a new one and also needed to look after it better than my previous bags! The last few makeup bags I have bought have been by Ted Baker as they're a great size and always have a gorgeous design on the front. This flowery one caught my eye as it is made of clear plastic, genius! Why I didn't think of getting a plastic one before, I don't know but it's such a great idea. Now I won't stain it with makeup from my brushes etc as i can just wipe it clean! 

Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment