Monday 19 May 2014

May Glossybox

I was really really looking forward to receiving my May Glossybox as I had seen on Instagram that the box is celebrating 50 years of Superdrug and also contains a few full size products. I admit I had a sneaky look at posts by other bloggers to see what they had in their boxes when I hadn't received mine yet, then I felt bad that I had ruined the surprise! 

I finally got my hands on my box yesterday and immediately opened it. 

I first noticed the Vaseline Spray and Go body moisturiser as it's full size and something I haven't tried before. I have always been dubious about Vaseline products as I know a few people that have reacted to them, not that I'm ever allergic to anything! This seems like it will be really good for me as it's non greasy, easy to use and minimises mess and effort! I have a lot of body moisturisers but I don't put them on everyday as they're a bit of a pain having to put my hands in tubs and gouge cream out. I hate getting it under my nails or waiting ages for it to soak in so this will make it a lot nicer for me! 
A product I have tried before is the Maybelline Great Lash mascara and I didn't think too much to it to be honest. I had it a few years ago and ended up throwing it out because I just couldn't get used to it but I will definitely try it again and persevere this time. 
Next up is the blowpro Volumising Conditioner, which I have never tried before. I have heard of the products before but only briefly so I will be interested to see if it does anything to my hair. Anything I put on my hair seems to weigh it down I can't even spray hairspray on it as it immediately goes flat and the curls drop out. 
One product I'm not keen on is the 2true PRO 3D Candy Nail Art. They are tiny coloured balls that you stick to your nails with basecoat and then apply a top coat to keep them in place. I'm not one for the odd nail trends- caviar beads, velvet, even the matte nails don't interest me! I'm just old fashioned and like a good old normal nail colour and a shiny top coat, I don't think you can go wrong with it and it looks smart. I might give these to my sister to try as I don't think I will give them a go, they probably look great on the right person! 
My last full size product is a Sheer Conditioning Lipstick from B. It's not full coverage and feels quite moisturising on my lips- this will be the Shea butter I suspect. I received the shade Merlot which is a red shot through with a gold sparkle, not what I usually wear as I prefer pinks and corals but I'll give it a go. 

The two samples- Ghost Eclipse perfume and Garnier Body Oil Infused Nourishing Lotion. I like samples of fragrances as I can easily pop them in my handbag for nights out rather than carrying around a full size bottle. This is described as fruity-floral, which is two different things in my opinion. I like the fruity aspect but not the floral scent as I find it can give me a slight headache but I will use this and may fall in love with it, watch this space! The body lotion appeals to me as it's non greasy and non sticky and contains four oils to really nourish dry skin. Although I have oily skin on my face, my body is actually a lot drier surprisingly. I go on holiday in two weeks so this will come in handy to take with me and may result in me buying a full size one when I get back. 

What did you get in your Glossybox? 

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment