Tuesday 6 May 2014

April Favourites

I always mean to do monthly favourites but time flies by before I get round to it and then I'm too late. So I'm being organised this time, I can't promise it will be a regular thing though but I'm trying! This month I have been loving quite a few things: 


Firstly, as my holiday is slowly creeping up, I have been making a conscious effort to exercise. My trainers have seen better days due to also wearing them to help my dad do the gardening (!) but I am planning on getting some new ones in the near future. I used to jog a couple of times a week but I have injured my knee so I can't anymore, instead opting for aerobic exercise routines on YouTube with my sister and one of my friends combined with a few power walks when my knee will let me! I've been drinking a lot of green tea with lemon as I don't like plain green tea and struggle to find a nice one that I can stomach! This PG Tips Zesty Lemon one seems to do the trick though and I don't find myself struggling to put up with the taste. 

Beauty favourites this month are in the form of Bioderma, L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Fragrance, Fake Bake Original Tan and Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe. I use Bioderma every morning to cleanse my face and every evening to remove my makeup. I just soak a few cotton pads with it and wipe over my face until it is clean. It's so easy to use and I'm sure it will be in every monthly favourite! I'm nearly out of my L'Occitane Cherry Blossom and I always repurchase this over and over again as it's such a lovely fragrance that lasts on my clothes all day. Now the sun is shining I have been regularly tanning again. I do it on and off or if I am going somewhere nice but when it gets warmer I can't reveal my lily white legs without it on pretty much constantly! I find this Fake Bake one is a lovely colour and has quite a pleasant smell. I have been in love with this Maybelline lipstick since I received it in one of my Glossyboxes a few months ago. It's been really hard for me to find that perfect nude and while this may not be it, it is certainly the closest I have come! I have dry lips and this is quite moisturising and long lasting. 

A couple of random favourites this month- my new sunglasses from River Island, I think they were £10 or thereabouts and one of my favourite films Pitch Perfect!  I have worn the same £3 pair of tesco sunglasses for a few years now as I could never find any that suited me as well as my old faithfuls. Needless to say, they are now in the bin as I have these gorgeous ones! They're UVA and UVB protective and are so lovely that I find myself wearing them even if it's not very sunny outside. Pitch Perfect is such a funny film and I could watch it over and over again, which I have these past few weeks! Our housemate had never seen it and doesn't own any DVDs that I would watch so I vowed to convert him, starting with this. He is now addicted to it and even downloaded some of the songs onto his phone. Mission accomplished! 

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment