Thursday 15 May 2014

Boots product haul

Now my boyfriend and I have moved house temporarily, we are making the most of being in pretty much the centre of a town-easy for coffee, dangerous if you're a shopaholic like me! It was lovely and sunny here at the weekend so we took a wander as I needed to go to Boots to pick up some beauty items and thought we may as we'll pick up some bits for our upcoming holiday on the 1st June. Whilst there, I went a little crazy and ended up spending a stupid amount but we will actually use everything we bought.. I'll make sure of it! 


Now first off we needed sun cream which I dread buying every year as it can be quite expensive. After comparing a few, I settled on the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration SPF 10 and my boyfriend picked up the Nivea Moisturising Sun Spray SPF 15. We tend to start with an SPF of 20 and work down to a 10, we have some SPF 20 already so will finish that before we start these. We usually stick to these brands as we find them to be reliable and non greasy and easy to apply etc. I needed a new cleanser and this was the hardest thing to pick as I can be quite indecisive-this was one of those days. I have a few products from La Roche Posay and have done previous blog posts declaring my love for the French brand. Today I picked up the Physiological Cleansing Gel which is for normal to combination skin and I hope I get along with it ok. I do have a couple of cleansers already and usually use Bioderma morning and night but I really fancied something to use in the morning or on days I don't wear any makeup, something I could actually wash with water. I'll be doing a blog post on this after I have used it for a while. 
I also picked up three different size clear bags. I figured I could use the smaller one for my liquids that I carry on to the plane, the medium one for my makeup and the large for our creams etc so if any explode we should minimise the damage! I will use them for my makeup kit after we have been on holiday. I can't remember the prices of all the products sorry but I know these bags were £8. Money well spent! 

Now onto the minis! I'll run though them quickly otherwise this will be a very long blog post! 



Minis- Soap and Glory Clean On Me shower cream, Aussie Miracle Moist shampoo and conditioner, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle hair mask (my hair goes weird on holiday), two Lynx shower gels and a Lynx body spray. Also in the photo is Hawaiian Tropic after sun, the thing I actually went in for! Smells like limes and is lovely consistency. Buy one get one free on Hawaiian Tropic aswell! 

Essentials- a pack of tissues- never know when you need them! Hay fever tablets, Soltan lip balm to protect them from burning-it's happened before and is so painful, elastic hair ties-metal free so they don't get tangled in my very long hair. Also Jolen bleach as I (embarrassingly) always bleach the hair on my tummy as I can see it even though everyone else says it's not noticeable! I think they're just being kind! 

I will shortly be doing a holiday checklist post so be sure to check that out if you are going on holiday soon! 

Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment