Thursday 22 May 2014

New clothes!!

With my holiday coming up on the 1st June I have been buying a few summery items. I'm guilty of purchasing clothes quite regularly but I do also sell unwanted ones on eBay (that's my excuse anyway). First stop was Missguided which I love and am always buying things from their website as the prices are good and they are always adding new stock all the time. 


Here I bought a powder blue skater style dress with black and white roses all over it and a pair of shorts with black and bright pink squares. The dress is jersey material with an elasticated waist and little cap sleeves, perfect for daytime with some flip flops or in the evening with some jewellery and cute handbag. The shorts are tailored and fall just on my waist with a zip fastening down the side. I absolutely love these and can't wait to wear them with a crop top and flat shoes or heels and a clutch for a night out. 

Next stop was New Look which has become a regular place for to visit since I moved house and there is one within walking distance of my house. 


As well as shopping for holiday clothes, I've really been trying to step out of my comfort zone and buying brightly coloured items and also things I usually steer clear of. These flowery shorts caught my eye but I wasn't sure if I could carry them off or not, they look like pyjama shorts to me which isn't a good look combined with my knobbly knees! I decided to take the plunge and buy them though as I'll wear them on holiday and if I don't want to wear them when I get home, I can always wear them in bed. Win win! They were £14.99 which I think is an ok price especially if I get the use out of them. 

The first thing I saw when I walked into New Look was this gorgeous jade green coloured maxi skirt. Every year I look for new maxi skirts and dresses as I live in them through Spring and summer, here and abroad. I really can't wait to wear this as it's soft material and quite light which is good as I get hot really easily. I'll wear it with either a vest or a crop top and dress it up in the evening with jewellery. It was £14.99 and comes in a few different colours other than the green. 

This silver coloured necklace is just perfect for dressing up casual outfits and I will get a lot of wear out of it as I also wear jewellery at work and day to day. It was £7.99 which I don't mind paying for something I know I will repeatedly wear. 

Lastly is this basic white vest which is thin and light enough to wear alone with shorts or a skirt or over your bikini at the beach. I will probably wear it tucked into all my pairs of shorts that I have bought recently! It was £5.99 and comes in different colours. 

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment