Sunday 11 August 2013

Essie Mademoiselle Nail Polish

This nail polish has been on a list of beauty bits and bobs that I add to whenever I see something I like or someone tells me about a product I should research. I saw it on Instagram a few months back so I googled it and decided I needed it in my life! It wasn't until I went to Boots for makeup brushes and walked past the Essie polishes that I thought I should pick it up. 


I have a few Essie nail polishes in my kit at work but nothing as pale as this one. It's a pink with no glitter or sheen to it which I like as it makes my nails look clean and bright. My nails aren't particularly in a bad condition, considering I have worn polish almost consistently for 10years, but my free edge has never been very 'white'. I'm always envious when I get a client at the salon who's nails have a long perfect pink nail bed tipped with a nearly opaque white free edge, jealous much! However I need not worry anymore, this Essie polish does the trick. It transforms my nails from dull and boring to gorgeous and healthy within minutes, creating that 'barely there' look. 

I like the shape of the bottles and the 'Essie' brand name running down the side of the glass. The only downside for me is the brush as its quite wide so it is hard to judge how much polish is loaded on it. I have said before though that I am used to painting with OPI brushes so with more practice I am sure I will get better! 

I first applied OPI Natural Nail Basecoat followed by 3 thin coats of Mademoiselle, finishing with my trusty Seche Vite Top Coat. I have already recommended this colour to my boyfriend's sister who is getting married next year and wants a hint of a colour on her nails. I think this one could be it! :)

Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment