Sunday 11 August 2013

New Makeup Brushes

I've been meaning to get some more makeup brushes for a while now as I dirty so many while I'm working on bridal parties/ clients. I have a mixture of Mac and Real Techniques brushes in my pro kit so i went to Boots and bought 4 more. 

I bought the Real Techniques Shading Brush and the limited edition Duo Fiber Collection. I like these brushes as they don't lose bristles and they wash up quickly and easily. 
The Shading Brush was £7.99 and came in a plastic box with a clear front so you can see inside. The brush itself is firm enough to hold its shape, yet soft enough to apply eyeshadow comfortably and effectively. 

The Duo Fiber Collection was £23.99 which is a fantastic price for three good size brushes. Again, these come in a plastic see-through box with a brief description of each brush on the reverse. In the kit comes a face brush which I will use for powder, a contour brush and an eye brush. I love the look of these brushes, the handles are white with the 'Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman' logo on one side and the name of the brush on the other side. These brushes are designed for lighter application of product, therefore enabling you to build up colour gradually. A few of my clients don't wear any makeup at all so only want a barely there natural look when I do their makeup so these brushes will do the trick nicely. They're also perfect sizes, the face brush fits well on the contours of the face so will be great for applying powder. Some brushes I own are either too big or too stiff to work product in properly so I'm really excited to add these to my collection and begin using them. 

I will  eventually do a post on all of my makeup brushes and my pro kit so you can see what I carry around with me when I do a bridal party and what the essential products are. 

Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment