Thursday 24 October 2013

October Glossy Box

After much waiting and checking of my emails to see if it had been dispatched, I finally received my October Glossybox. If I know something is due to arrive, I get very impatient waiting it! As I never seem to be home when the Glossybox gets delivered, our kind delivery lady always hides it in the same place  so I don't miss out on it and have to trek it to the post office to pick it up. I wasn't as excited about the goodies in the box this month ...


Another perfume sample this month in the form of Katy Perry 'Killer Queen'. Not my favourite of scents I have to admit although it smells nice, just not my type of perfume. It has top notes of dark plum, wild berry and bergamot which to me is like a headache in a bottle but some may like it! 

Me Me Me Cherub's Blush- fits the theme of the month which is 'Dark Romance', I kind of hoped I would receive a plum/red lipstick but this is the next best thing. It is a cheek and lip tint but I will probably just use it on my lips and then put a clear gloss over the top. It stains a nice pinky colour and doesn't rub off easily (from my hand anyway!).

Premae Multi-Vit Smoothie Serum- I was excited to see this in my box as I love anything lemongrass scented and on closer reading of the accompanying card, I saw it is for combination skin. It claims to 'hydrate the skin whilst keeping it matte free' so I can't wait to try it out and see if it does the trick. 

One thing I love about the Glossyboxes is that they include some lesser known brands. The Gamila Secret Cleansing Bar really intrigued me as I had never heard of it before. I'll admit that as soon as I got it out of the box and realised it looked like a bar of soap, I was immediately put off (the similarities to soap stop there, it doesn't work like a soap does). I really hate soaps and how they then sit by your sink collecting germs and hair but I'm willing to give this one a go. It doesn't actually strip your skin like a soap does, it contains more than 80% pure virgin olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, Shea butter oil, grape seed oil, sweet almond oil and lavender oil. Phew that's a lot of oils! Suitable for sensitive skins, it heals any problems within 28 days. 

Last but not least I received Monu Illuminating Primer SPF 15. Being a Make Up Artist I have come across loads of primers, admittedly most of these are specifically for particular skin types so I look forward to trying this one. It smells clean and fresh and absorbs into the skin quickly leaving it feeling soft  it I'm doubtful as to whether it actually illuminates. I shall investigate further! 

Xx





No comments:

Post a Comment