Thursday 28 November 2013

Loving La Roche Posay!

Since discovering La Roche Posay at the beginning of the year, I have been buying more and more of their products. My newest ones are Effaclar Mat and the Thermal Spring Water. I find all of their items really suit my skin and know if I have a blemish, I can reach for my Effaclar K and the spot will be gone within a few days. 

All La Roche Posay products are paraben free, 100% hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and all are tested on sensitive skin. I have oily/combination skin and it has been so disgustingly greasy this summer that I felt I needed to do something about it, I swear as I get older its getting worse! Although I have been told its good to have oily skin as it means less wrinkles when I'm older! 


The Effaclar Mat comes in a 40ml tube and a little goes a long way. I find that a tiny pea sized amount will cover all of my face and I have a big face :). As predicted it is suitable for sensitive skin and oily skin prone to imperfections and shine, which I'm hoping is code for 'really greasy skin'! The problem I find is that I can't use products intended for oily skin as they then strip too much oil out and leave it even lilies but with dry patches. I have come to the conclusion that my skin is dehydrated( I have my hydraluron for that) so I need to address that first to balance my skin out. The Effaclar Mat claims to help control shine, reduce sebum production and the appearance of pores therefore creating an oil free texture and smoother skin. I have only been using it for about 3 weeks now but my skin has definitely improved. It feels softer and I don't need to apply powder as often as I previously had to and my makeup seems to sit nicer/last longer. This is probably a combination of all the new products I have been using but I like to think that the Effaclar Mat has helped. 


Thermal Spring Water 150ml- I don't know what made me buy this but I found myself picking it up again and again so thought I should just purchase it. The idea of spritzing your face with water is a strange one and I feel a bit indulgent for doing so (my boyfriend thinks I should save money and just throw Evian at my face everyday). I have to say though, my skin seems to love it and it soaks in a treat. It's supposed to soothe sensitive skin or skin that is easily irritated by outside factors like the climate and contains minerals and trace elements to soften and soothe. I use it after washing my face and before I put my Hydraluron and moisturiser on. 

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment