Tuesday 19 November 2013

November Glossy Box

I'm late putting this post up as it was my birthday last week so I've been busy doing things and going places! I was really excited for this particular box to arrive as I knew it was due two days after my birthday but it's not until now that I've actually looked in it properly as we are in the process of moving house so I have A LOT to do. 

I'm really happy with all the products in this box as they're all quite big sizes so it makes it look like I have a full box of goodies instead of tiny perfume samples. The first product I noticed was the Elegant Touch Rapid Dry For Nails which I know is very good and does what it says on the tin! I used this a few years ago at the salon I used to work at and it really does dry polish in 60 seconds, although i still believe nails aren't fully dry for 45 minutes to an hour. I will definitely be using this in my salon as the cold weather means clients will be coming in wearing boots and gloves so anything that makes the polish dry quicker will really help this time of year! 



Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush in the shade Cranberry- gorgeous packaging, very girly and flowery and reminds me of a Clinique Chubby Stick (winds up like a crayon too-very similar). I have to say I was a little disappointed to see that the top ingredient is mineral oil (paraffinum liquidum) as I tend to steer clear of products that contain this. It does contain beeswax and ceresin wax so is very moisturising and I look forward to trying it soon. 

Emite Micronized Eye Shadow- I feel a bit bad when I receive eye shadows as I am a complete Mac lover so I tend to judge them before I try them. However this one is highly pigmented and a lovely cream colour shot through with a shimmer so I will get a lot of use out of it. Straight in my makeup bag I think! It's also completely free from perfume, parabens, oil and nickel. 

Yves Rocher France Hand Cream- I don't know much about this brand so I can't write a lot about it. I actually asked my boyfriend to review it for me as he tells it how it is whereas I tell it from a beauty point of view. It smells of pistachio and cocoa which I quite like but he didn't as it hung around for quite a while (I think it's also because he is a nail biter so doesn't like the taste!). We are both impressed at how quickly it soaked in so it would be a good all rounder if the smell wasn't so strong. 

Vichy Idealia Life Serum- I love using serums this time of year as my skin always feels like it needs a little extra something to make it not look so dull. I'm intrigued by this serum as I use Vichy's eye roll on so I hope it is as good, if not better! I have three sample sizes to use and they came in a cute pink organza bag that I could use again. I'll let you know how I get on! 

Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment