Wednesday 3 July 2013

Mac Lipstick 'Riri Woo' by Rihanna

Yes it's another Mac lipstick review! I couldn't resist buying this lipstick, I missed out the first time round when Rihanna's collection for Mac sold out in 3 hours! I was fully prepared for the second part of her collection and waited patiently until 12pm when it was released as an online exclusive but it still took me 45 minutes to get to the checkout to buy it( I admit I did panic a little when I thought it would sell out before I got one). There were two other products in the collection, a bronzer and blush duo, which I nearly bought but reasoned with myself that I didn't need it!, and bronze lustre drops which can be used to highlight the face or give it an all over sun kissed glow. After placing my order, it didn't take long for my package to arrive. I say package, it was actually a crumpled Jiffy bag with the lipstick rolling around inside. I expected a black Mac box with tissue paper but I've never just ordered one product from them before so I think the Jiffy bag is normal. The outside of the lipstick is the usual black with the Mac logo around it. What I didn't know was that the lipstick was embossed with 'Riri' which is a nice idea and distinguishes it from the rest of my lipsticks. Rihanna said she wanted to create a lipstick that suits everyone and I can imagine that this is the case. To look at, I would've said Riri Woo was too much of a blue red for me ( I lean towards orange reds) but it is perfect for my skin tone. I do wear fake tan when I go out so this may be why it suits me as I haven't worn it with my natural skin tone( think pale and boring). 


It is also a matte red which I tend to steer clear of as I get very dry lips, but I was pleasantly surprised as it felt comfortable on and lasted all night( surviving a few drinks too). At £14 a pop, Mac lipsticks aren't the cheapest but I love them and they certainly live up to the hype. I'm sure it won't be long before I'm adding yet more lipsticks to my collection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment