Thursday 25 July 2013

Mac- new foundation and blush

This is becoming a running theme on my blog but...... I went to Mac again! We popped into town to get some clothes for my boyfriend and I thought I might as well pick up a few bits in Mac. The girls in the shop are always very helpful and find me everything I need quickly, which means my boyfriend doesn't have to wait around too long! ( he hates shopping, especially makeup shopping!). I only picked up two things this time- Studio Sculpt Foundation and Harmony Blush.
When I first got into wearing Mac about 5 years ago, this foundation was my first ever purchase and I loved it. It makes my skin look flawless and even which is great because I have quite a few marks on my chin and forehead from spots/blemishes (I wear NW25) . My skin is also very oily, more so in this warm weather, and I find that this stays on well and still has good coverage after a full days wear. I would describe it as medium to full coverage although I sometimes mix it with a little of Mac Face And Body Foundation for a thinner consistency and lighter coverage. You could also set it with Studio Fix Powder Foundation for a very full look that will last and won't budge all night.
I probably won't wear the Studio Sculpt Foundation in the daytime for work as I quite like my skin to show through in summer, instead I will use it for a night out. It also has an SPF of 15 which is great, although some foundations containing a sun factor can cause flashback in photos so this is always worth bearing in mind. However I have never had a problem with this particular foundation. Now onto the blush! I have been meaning to get Harmony Blush for months as its great for contouring because it contains no shimmer.
I tend to contour my face lightly with my Bourjois bronzer but I find it a bit too warm sometimes and maybe a bit noticeable on my skin. For those of you that aren't familiar with contouring, check out Pixiwoo on YouTube. They have hundreds of really good tutorials that get a bit addictive after watching the first few! Another reason for buying the foundation and blush is that I am going to the horse racing in Newmarket in a few days so if you're lucky I might post a few photos of the evening and of my makeup :) so you can see how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment