Monday 29 July 2013

My Skincare Routine

It's about time I wrote a post on the cleansers/ creams etc I use. I have a big basket full of cleansers/toners/masks/serums/moisturisers... The list goes on! You name it, it's in there. I go through phases of using particular products then switching to something else although at the moment I'm trying to use up a lot of them so that I can use the new ones I get for my birthday and Christmas ( which is coming round way too quick). 

For cleansing I am switching between two products- Bioderma and Elemis Pro Radiance Cream Cleanser. I use the Bioderma when I have makeup on as it gets rid of every last little bit and only takes a few minutes. I use the Elemis cleanser when I have hardly any makeup on or none at all, it's thick and smells gorgeous. I just massage it over my skin and then rinse with warm water, followed by the L'Occitane Immortelle Essential Water. I love this stuff! I just have the sample size as it always comes in a box or bag along with full size products I order but that's plenty big enough as I took it on holiday in my hand luggage( I am addicted to using it). Just spritz it on your face after cleansing and it instantly refreshes it without that horrible drying affect toners have. I don't like using toners as they strip my skin and I don't like the tight feeling they leave behind. My skin is quite oily and dehydrated but I don't like stripping the oil off it as it then makes my skin go into overdrive and produce more oil! I can't win really! :) 

Currently I am using up my L'Occitane samples of Essence Sublime and the Angelica Hydration Cream. I'm hoping that by using these my skin won't be as dehydrated and uneven. The Essence Sublime reduces redness, evens skintone, tightens pores and gives the skin an overall fresher and smoother look. My skin does look better and my pores aren't as visible, it also soaks in very quickly so my skin clearly needs and loves it! The moisturiser is light and fresh and not at all greasy so it ticks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned! If I'm suffering from a few breakouts, I use the La Roche Posay Effaclar A.K Targeted Breakout Corrector which seems to reduce the redness of my spots and makes them heal quicker. Also every night I use the RapidLash eyelash growth serum which I was a bit dubious about to begin with buy it really had made my lashes grow! I bought it a few months ago when I had my eyelash extensions taken off as my natural lashes have always been short and horrible. It took a few weeks for me to notice a different but it has definitely thickened and lengthened my lashes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment