Monday 2 September 2013

Cowshed Soothing Bath and Body Oil

This was given to me by my sister recently and I already love it. It comes in a glass bottle, which automatically makes it look expensive and luxurious, with the trademark Cowshed label around it. The bottle looks lovely but the lid doesn't tighten very well on this one, although this isn't a problem for me as it will be sitting in my bathroom upright and may just be a fault with this particular bottle. It retails at £20.00 for the 100ml size from the Cowshed website, I have the 50ml size and if I like it a lot then I will probably purchase the bigger size. On opening the bottle I can definitely smell the jasmine but it is in no way over powering( yippee!). The main description on the front says it contains essential oils of jasmine, chamomile and sandalwood so it is very calming and relaxing. I looked at the rest of the ingredients in the Cowshed website and it boasts an impressive list of other essential oils- rose absolute, clary sage, lavender, ylang ylang and neroli to name just a few! 

This oil can be used in the bath as a fragrance oil, rubbed into skin after a shower/bath or used as a massage oil. Now I have tried a lot of oils over the years and I can happily say that this is one of the least greasy ones I have used. It soaks in effortlessly and left my skin feeling moisturised but not oily. 

Cowshed pride themselves on only using the highest quality essential oils from sustainable sources and all their products are free from parabens, petrochemicals, sulphates, artificial colours and fragrances and don't test on animals. Impressive hey! They opened their first spa in 1998 and you can now find them all over the world which is amazing. I was invited to go to their shoreditch house spa for a hen do two years ago but I couldn't make it and I definitely regret not going but the other girls said they had a great time and highly recommend their treatments. I'm already looking at going there for my 25th birthday in November as they also accommodate a group of friends for a pamper party in the evening. I'll also be adding a few of their products to my birthday and Christmas lists for sure! 

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment