Monday 30 September 2013

Olympia Beauty Show 2013

One of my favourite places to go is the beauty show, I go to Excel in February and Olympia in September. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's where beauty brands go to exhibit their products/makeup/nail polishes etc and you can buy them at trade prices or on special show offers. I love looking around at everything and having a girly day out with my friends! 

After getting the train and the tube, we arrived at Olympia at about 10.15am and were surprised that we could walk straight in as we usually have to queue up outside for ages. Once we had our name badges, first stop was NYX Cosmetics which was very quiet( glad we went there first as the queues for it were crazy the rest of the day). 

I bought a set of ten lipglosses, 2 eyeliners and a lipstick. The huge OPI stand is always in the middle of Olympia but we resisted going to it until after lunch as its always so manic, you need to get your elbows out to be in with a chance of actually getting to the polish stands! Although by the time we went there, I was getting so annoyed and tired of the crowds that I just adopted the same technique as most of the shoppers- just shove your way through and push people out of the way haha! I lost count of the amount of times someone tried to take me out with a swipe of their basket to the back of my knees or an elbow in the ribs! I bought a base coat, 5 nail colours, an Avoplex oil and a mango Avojuice. 


Two of the girls we went with needed to go to the S2 stand to stock up on Shellac but the queue was 3 hours long so they gave up in the end and bought OPI Gel Color instead. After a visit to the Eve Taylor stand for some facial wash and a massage candle, we went to buy some products at Australian Bodycare. We had decided to leave this one to last as we always buy litre bottles of their Skinwash and Hand and Body Lotion, I didn't fancy carrying them around all morning. 


We were disappointed that Leighton Denny wasn't there as I needed a new nail file and always like looking at his new polish collections. Big facial brands like Decleor and Guinot never go to Olympia as they exhibit at Excel every February and I'm already looking forward to going there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment