Thursday 12 September 2013

My First Glossybox!

Eeeeeek! I received my first ever Glossybox today! I was so excited when I looked at my emails yesterday to find one telling me the Glossybox had been dispatched and I should expect it in a few days. I had wanted to try them for ages as I know a few people that are subscribed to receive one every month but I was always worried about spending money on a luxury as opposed to a necessity. We have been trying to save as much as possible for our house fund (within reason-I still like my takeaways and clothes!) but Tom, my boyfriend, has very kindly bought a six month subscription for me as an early birthday present... Very early as its in November! I'm very grateful though as it means I can now not feel guilty about receiving a box every month as its a gift and I didn't buy it myself :). 

Look how gorgeous the box looks with its Union Jack print.. 
I was very excited to see it was wrapped in tissue paper, sealed with a sticker and a bow! 

After unwrapping what felt like a Christmas present (I don't get many these days), I was greeted with 5 products. I was pleasantly surprised to see I could and will actually use all of them. I received a pack of Eylure false lashes, Be A Bombshell eye liner in Onyx, a sample size of Elizabeth Arden Untold fragrance, Dr Lipp nipple cream for lips( have to say the name made me cringe a little) and I bottle of Toni and Guy Shine Gloss Serum. 

I am actually looking forward to using all of the items and I may create a blog post of a makeup look involving the lashes and the liner. Funnily enough it was only yesterday that I thought about buying a liquid eye liner as it dawned on me that I don't have one in my pro makeup kit so I hope this one performs as good as it looks! It looks like a sharpie marker pen with what looks like a sturdy tip for precision lining, can't wait to do a cats eye look! 

I'm also always moaning about my hair and how frizzy it has been recently, mainly because I expect it to just look good all the time without touching it but that's not the case with my lions mane. It will be interesting to see if the Shine Gloss Serum leaves my hair looking greasy or weighs it down as I find a lot of products do. I'm sure I will be featuring them all in a blog post somewhere down the line though! 

If you received a Glossybox this month I would love to know what you thought of your products! 

Xx





No comments:

Post a Comment